We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pregnant, no need to eat for two! If it is normal to get fat during pregnancy, be careful though. Abusive weight gain is not without consequences for your health and that of your baby.
Excess pounds, risk of complicated pregnancy
According to some studies taking more than 18 pounds, you expose yourself to problems such as:
- Gestational diabetes: this pathology related to pregnancy would appear more easily in overweight women. Dangerous in the short term for the fetus, it also puts the threat on your child and you to become diabetic for life. It increases your chances of having a baby over 4 kilos and a difficult childbirth ...
- Massive edema: substantial weight gain is often associated with water retention. Banal in the legs and feet when moderate, edema, extended to the neck, face and wrists, requires consultation without delay.
- High blood pressure : high blood pressure, associated with edema and an abnormal presence of protein in the urine, suggests a risk of pre-eclampsia or toxemia of pregnancy. This can have serious consequences for you and your child. To watch closely!
- A grueling end of pregnancy: with overweight, you may have sore legs and breathlessness with the slightest effort. So to save money, you will choose to cocoon at home and risk robbing your pantry. Never ending Story…
- More laborious childbirth: edema slows dilatation and increases the likelihood of tearing. Excessive weight overload will embarrass you, you will not feel very comfortable during work.