Did you know that carbon monoxide is the leading cause of death by toxic in France? To avoid any risk, read the Health Branch's precautionary statements.
What is carbon monoxide?
- Carbon monoxide (CO) is a very toxic gas. It is produced during bad combustion of wood, coal, fuel, gas, propane ... used for heating or hot water production.
The risks ?
- Exposed even to a small amount, but without feeling anything (the monoxide is an odorless gas), people suffer from severe headaches, dizziness and a tendency to sleep announcing a beginning of intoxication. Syncope and death may follow in the absence of relief.
What to do ?
- Ensure the proper functioning of the ventilations and heaters, without forgetting to maintain them before use.
- Never intervene yourself on its indoor gas installation but always seek the help of a professional.
- Do not plug the air renewal devices and ventilate his interior.
- Install a detector carbon monoxide (certified EN) without forgetting to check the condition.
Are you a future or young dad and want to share your experience and questions with other fathers? See you on our Papas forum.